A summer afternoon, a few chilled beers in your hands and chilling in the pool. Sounds enviable, isn’t it? Well, it surely is.
A summer afternoon with your buds is all it takes to make your summer days even better. However, there’s always this one thing that’s at the centre stage of every party. What’s that?
Some good old pieces of ribs sizzling on the barbecue.
The crackling sound, flavoured aroma and the smoky, juicy ribs getting readied to be devoured by you. It can’t get any better, can it?
The perfectly barbecued ribs have the potential to turn your mundane afternoon gathering into a full-on summer party. Some good old grilled ribs on the table and your barbecue party just get a whole lot better. It’s the messy, caveman-style eating style that makes ribs the heart and soul of every barbecue party.
Grilling the best ribs at your barbecue party will surely earn you some brownie points. Who doesn’t like the person who can perfectly barbecue some great lip-smacking ribs? So, what does it take to be the perfect host and cook some lickable juicy ribs for your next party?
Well, you don’t have to worry about that. We’ve got your back today. After reading this, you are going to be that Barbecue guy/gal who’s loved by everyone.
Looking For Barbecue Grill Accessories? Check this out.
Choose The Perfect Ribs
Okay, now this is the most crucial part. Don’t they say that a building’s foundation decides its fate? Well, the same is quite aptly applicable to this situation.
Don’t just run to the supermarket and grab the first pack you see on the top of the shelf because “it looked good.
There are four main types of ribs primarily: baby backs, spareribs, rib tips and country-style ribs. These different kinds of meats have different cooking styles that need to be taken care of.
Baby backs tend to be the meatiest of the lot and are tender too. This makes them easy to cook and hence its the first choice at most of the barbecue parties.
Spareribs, on the other hand, turn out to be more complex to cook. So, if you’re just getting into the game, we’d suggest you go for baby backs due to their ease of cooking and handling.
Now, since we have the ribs ready. Let’s move on to the next step and find out the ingredients you will be needing to cook the best ribs of your life.
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- Salt & freshly ground back pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 racks of baby back ribs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
Step 1: Combine the brown sugar, chilli powder, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, the oregano, cayenne, garlic powder and onion powder in a small bowl. Mix the ingredients well.
Step 2: Trim the membrane from the back of the ribs. Rub the mixture on both sides of the ribs generously for a deep flavour. You can leave some of the marinade aside.
Step 3: Preheat a clean grill for medium heat and then oil it a bit. Make sure your grill has all the parts in place and is in perfect working condition. Check these essential grill parts and accessories that you might need.
Step 4: Place the marinated ribs on the grill over indirect heat. Grill over medium heat and cover them for 30 minutes each side.
Step 5: After cooking them over indirect heat for an hour, move them to direct medium heat for around 20-40 minutes.
Step 6: Occasionally use barbecue sauce or with the leftover marinade. Keep an eye on the ribs while you baste the ribs. The sugar in the marinade or the barbecue sauce might start to caramelize and burn the ribs.
Step 7: Test the meat by piercing it with a fork. If the fork slides through easily through the ribs, it’s time to gorge on them (well, almost).
Step 8: Now since you might already be ready for gorging on to the ribs. So, cut the ribs into some biteable portions and let it sit for the next 10-15 minutes and continue with your barbecue party.
Some Cooking Tips For The Perfect Ribs
While you already have most of the knowledge by now, here are some extra tips which might help you make your ribs a little extra delicious.
- Keep a cooking thermometer handy. This will allow you to check on your ribs in a more efficient manner. So, the next time you host a barbecue party, you know what to keep in mind.
- If you are just starting with barbecues and grilling ribs, always go for the baby backs. They are more tender and are easier to cook than spareribs or other categories.
- Letting your ribs sit in the marinade overnight might help it to retain the flavours in it more effectively. This will help you serve a piece of meat that has the correct amount of flavour in it.
- Hold up. Don’t be too early with the barbecue sauce. Make sure that you go for the barbecue sauce when the ribs are almost done. This is because the sugar tends to burn quite early, hampering the flavour of the ribs. Now, we don’t want our ribs to burn after working so hard, do we?
- Avoid boiling the meat before going for the barbecue. Boiling tends to take away all the flavour of the meat making it mushy and falling right off the bones. Not just it hampers with the flavour but also plays with the juicy and chewy texture of our lovely ribs.
Conclusion | The Perfect Grill For The Perfect Ribs
Recipe: Check ?
Ingredients: Check ?
Cooking Tips: Check ?
While you are getting readied to host the best barbecue party of your life. Don’t forget about the most essential part of it: the barbecue grill.
It isn’t a barbecue party till you have the perfect barbecue grill handy and in the right condition.
At Barbecue Parts Depot, we ensure that your barbecue grills stay up to date and ready to grill the most amazing ribs, always.
So visit us at https://barbecuepartsdepot.com/ and check out a large variety of barbecue grill accessories, parts, variety of grills and much more.
Have an amazing barbecue!