The tradition of grilling has been there for millennia. People across the world and especially Americans are particularly fond of it. Grilling is metaphorically called ‘the pride of outdoor gatherings’ and grilling tools go a long way in offering convenience in such outdoor gatherings.
With so many grilling tools related to the process, people usually hesitate to bring them along as they find it difficult to store them. In case you’re searching for ideas to store and organize the grilling tools, ahead, we’ve provided you some easy-to-follow tips that will help you grill anywhere you want without the hassle of deciding which tools to bring with you.
But first, let’s understand the method of grilling. So let’s dive right in:
What is the Method of Grilling?
- Grilling is a way of cooking food in which strong heat is directed above, below, or from the side of the food. More accurately, the application of dry heat to the surface of food is what we call grilling.
- While grilling, you skew the food on the skewers affixed to hot glistening coal or you put the steaks of food on the grilling pan designed with ridges. It is done in a way that the juices of the food separate and the food is almost fire-cooked.
Since roasting and grilling are two closely related concepts, there is a major misconception among foodies who think these both forms of cooking are the same but actually they aren’t.
How different is Grilling from Roasting?
- Roasting means cooking the food (typically meat) in front of an open fire. It also means cooking food in the oven over a set temperature. Whereas in grilling, food is cooked over a charcoal (gas) flame.
- A majority of people prefer grilling to roasting because of the added health factor. In addition to health benefits, grilling also doesn't require any oven.
It’s a known fact that in the process of grilling, a person is bound to have more than a few tools lying around. With so many tools around, most people find it difficult to store them. They often decide to sell off some of them, thinking it would solve the problem but instead end up buying them again after some time.
This troublesome process can be ignored if you know some tool-storing tips. You can become a pro at storing by applying the grill tool storage ideas that we’ve provided.
Grill Tool Storing Tips
- Magnetic Tool Holder:
- While being outdoors, you can encounter a major issue of placing tools. A decent amount of space is required for food prep stuff itself.
- In that case, a magnetic tool holder would be of great help. This holder acts just like a panel with the hooks built-in. Since it employs magnets to attach to a surface, you'll have leeway in deciding where to put this holder. By using this, you can keep your tools handy.
- Utility Cart:
- A utility cart provides you not only a space to hold all your grill tools but also a lot of room to hold your charcoal grill when you’re done. This is proven perfect for grilling on-the-go.
- You can give yourself a ton of options for making room by customizing a utility cart all by yourself. You can add in some built-in compartments for organizing or install a few magnet holders to hang your tools.
- File holder:
- If you want to go for a lot cheaper option for storing your tools, you can go with a file holder. Who would have thought that these old set of mounted file holders can be used to store the grill tools as well as grill accessories.
- Moreover, you can make your old file holders useful again. These can also help keep your BBQ essentials organized, just like files!
- Barbecue Apron:
- While grilling, what's more convenient for storing tools than an apron. A barbecue apron is used globally by all grill-enthusiasts. This is also a good idea for organizing all your grill tools. An apron provides you easier access to store grill tools in a way that you can sling on at a moment's notice with everything ready to go.
- A barbecue apron comes with several pockets of varied sizes. Putting all your essentials in the apron can save so much of your time by giving you easy access to them at the time of need.
Must-have Grill Tools
Now that you know how to store your grill tools, it becomes important for you to know some of the most essential tools. Heedful choosing of the tools while heading to the outdoors can take your grilling session to the next level:
Long Handled Spatula :
- It allows you to slip the spatula under food with ease.
Chimney Starter for Charcoal:
- The best tool to light charcoal in case you have a charcoal grill.
- Ideal tool for grilling. Tongs with spring-loaded handles are the most convenient one among all kind of tongs. They will help you maintain the shape and juiciness of the food.
- The Bull Soft Grip Red Handle Tongs from Barbecue Parts Depot are the best tong you’ll find on the internet. Be the “grill master” in comfort with these red handle locking tongs. They are made of stainless steel and are wider than normal, helping you to grip your food better. The grip handle is comfortable which makes grilling a lot easier.
- These Grill baskets are especially useful for grilling sliced vegetables, fruit, delicate fish, and other small food that need not fall through the grill rack.
- These are extremely helpful in mixing ingredients and flavors.
These tools are difficult to find in one place. At Barbecue Parts Depot, you’ll find all essential and non-essential grills at one place. If you’re interested in buying quality tools, we recommend you Barbecue Parts Depot’s Napoleon Executive 3 Piece Grill Tool Set. This set of three executive grilling tools include an extra-wide spatula, basting brush, and tongs. All tools are constructed from cast stainless steel.
We also have 4 Piece Grill Tool Set where you’ll find a chef’s knife in addition to the 3 tools mentioned above.
Every grilling tool and accessory serves a definite purpose for a fun outdoor grilling. At Barbecue Parts Depot, we provide you all kinds of necessary tools and accessories you need for an impeccable grilling experience, that too at a reasonable price.
For more information, browse our website or contact our courteous and efficient staff. Our experienced team members will get back to you in no time.